Learning Agreement and Application and Course Refund Policy
Frank Whites strives to offer the best training available at all levels. To accomplish this, there is often a lot of pre-planning and logistics that occur prior to your course start date. This includes scheduling instructors based on group numbers, booking pool time, organizing equipment, etc
- Students may reschedule into a different course for no charge providing they do so prior to 7 days of the start date of the course.
- Rescheduling within the 7 day period will incur a $200 transfer fee.
- eLearning Codes – eLearning Codes are purchased from PADI. As per PADI refund policy, eLearning Codes are non-refundable once they have been assigned to the student ($244).
- Refunds are available to students if Frank Whites is notified 7 days or more prior to the course start date (not including eLearning Code).
- Cancellations within 7 days of the start of the course will be subject to a $200 cancellation fee (not including eLearning Code).
BASIC SWIMMING AND COMFORT IN WATER REQUIRED:
- Students are required to complete a 200m. swim or 300m. swim with a mask, snorkel & fins plus a 10 minute float for the course. Individuals who cannot meet the swimming requirement are not eligible for any refund.
- If you are unable to meet the swimming requirement, you are welcome to transfer to another course once you feel you are able to successfully complete this requirement. A $200 transfer fee will apply.
If students are unable to complete the skills within the allotted course timeframe, students may require private instruction. Private instruction is priced according to needs. There are no refunds for private training.
Welcome to Frank Whites Dive Store (FWDS) and your PADI scuba diving course. We’re confident that you will find your dive training both fun and rewarding. To learn and practice important concepts and skills for using life-support equipment underwater, you must invest the time needed to do it. This learning agreement is between you (the student diver) and our instructional staff regarding our mutual responsibilities in this program.
STUDENT DIVER RESPONSIBITIES
I agree to study independently as specified by Frank Whites Dive Store. This includes:
- Complete the eLearning modules online prior to the start of the course.
- Complete the eLearning final exam prior to the course start date.
In addition, I agree to:
- Follow all course procedures as set forth by my instructor
- Ask questions about anything not understood.
- Be on time and be prepared for each practical session.
- Have my PADI medical release completed 7 days prior to the course start date. Certain medical conditions will require a physician’s approval to participate in training. Failure to complete the medical release may result in the student not being able to continue training and may be subject to the transfer fee ($200).
The Course Instructor and staff agree to:
- Be ready to start the class as scheduled
- Provide a positive and fun learning environment
- Answer students questions to the best of their ability
- Be patient and assist the student through any learning challenges.